Student Enrollment Certification
Isakson and Roe Act
Effective August 1, 2021, Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, MD, Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020 requires institutions that participate in educational assistance programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) to provide additional disclosures for veterans approved for aid from the GI Bill®.
Costs & Financial Aid
Estimated total cost of the course that includes tuition, fees, books, supplies and any other additional costs.
- Virginia Tech Net Price Calculator: The calculator estimates costs for one year of undergraduate education only. It does not include program or course fees. To derive a total estimated program cost, you may multiply the estimate by 4.
- For graduate students, please visit the Bursar's Office Tuition and Fee Rates page. To derive a total estimated program cost, multiply these rates by your program’s credit hour or length requirements.
- Please note that this doesn’t factor in possible changes to tuition rates or additional semesters of study that may be needed.
Estimated cost of attendance expenses.
Education costs covered by VA education benefits (Chapter 30, 31, 33, 35 and 1606).
VA education benefit amount applied to education costs are dependent upon the specific benefit and eligibility.
- Costs covered by VA education benefits at Virginia Tech 2022-2023 (PDF)
- GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- Virginia Tech Veteran Services Student Benefits
- VMSDEP tuition/fee waiver
Other types of federal financial aid, not administered by VA that is offered by the institution, that the individual may be qualified to receive.
Other information to facilitate comparison by the individual about aid packages offered by different educational institutions.
Your Financial Aid Package allows you to view your aid, including the College Financing Plan (CFP). The CFP presents your aid in a uniform way to better allow comparison among colleges.
Estimated amount of student loan debt the individual would have upon graduation.
Courses & Credit
Any additional requirements including training, experience, or examinations that are required to obtain a license, certification, or approval for which the course of education prepares the individual.
Students should consult their individual degree program for state or national certifications or licensure requirements.
Information regarding the acceptance of transfer credits including military credits.
The American Council on Education (ACE) recognizes the educational value of military training and experience. Military credit will be awarded at Virginia Tech based on Joint Services Transcripts (JST) and Air University/Community College of the Air Force transcripts.
Allow enrolled members of the Armed Forces, including reserve components and National Guard to be readmitted if such members are temporarily unavailable or must suspend enrollment by reason of servicing in the Armed Forces.
- Student Withdrawls/Resignation for Active Duty
- Additional information can be found in the Virginia Tech Undergraduate Catalog.
Student Achievement & Career Plans
Information regarding graduation rates.
Information regarding job-placement rates for graduates.
Services & Resources
- Academic Advising Initiatives
- Hokie Wellness Financial Wellness Services
- VA Salem Health Care
- Virginia Tech Services for Students with Disabilities
- The College Scorecard: A consumer planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
- The College Navigator: A consumer tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
- The ‘Paying for College’ Webpage: This webpage can be used by prospective students to enter the names of up to three schools and receive detailed financial information on each one. You can also enter your financial aid offer information for schools you are considering for comparison purposes.
- VT Net Price Calculator: By completing the VT Net Price Calculator, you will be able to estimate your costs to attend VT as well as explore the grants, scholarships, and other aid programs you may be eligible to receive. This is an estimate and does not serve as a financial aid award notice.
For more information on Virginia Tech policies, resources and academics, please reference the Virginia Tech Undergraduate Catalog and the Virginia Tech Graduate Catalog.